Notes from Blogging Workshop

As mentioned in last week’s post, I gave a presentation called “Blogging in a 3rd Grade Classroom.”  I am happy to say that it was well attended and I think it went pretty well.  It is always difficult to tell whether people are quiet because they are overwhelmed, soaking up your every word, or bored stiff.  I created a wiki that contains all of my links and text from my slides.  (I am not sharing the actual slides because I used some awesome pictures of my 3rd grade cuties that I do not have permission to share.)

I told the participants like I am now telling you, I want to be a resource to others.  Technology is easier to implement if you have a network of teachers to bounce ideas off of.  I can tell you what works, what doesn’t, and any other tips I have picked up along the way.

One thought on “Notes from Blogging Workshop

1. My assistant attended your presentation at the NICE mini-conference and suggested I contact you. I currently have a blog on Blogger, but the moderation parameters aren’t working properly (the posts are going directly to the blog instead of to my email…a dangerous thing in middle school). I also set one up in edublogs, but it looks as though I have to be a supporter before I can add authors/contributors. Is that correct? If you have students post, do you first have the post come to your email, and if so, has that worked 100% correctly?

Thanks for your help!

Denise Reeder
    Lincoln Middle School
    Park Ridge
    dreeder@d64.org